Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December at school. Insta-nostalgia.



Sad that so many ephemeral thoughts that I would have captured had I been regularly blogging this semester have dissipated into the aether. Actually, it's probably for the best. I'm trying to get the hang of this whole public sphere/private sphere thing. Here's a sentiment I can share with anyone who will listen: This is the view I had from my bed this fall, a view that will soon be radically different. Well, maybe not radically, as college-aged females all tend to shop at Target, but I will have two new roommates for the spring. Yes, I'm that girl. One of my roommates is moving off-campus, and the other is studying abroad in Spain. Amazingly, two more people have agreed to live with me.



Daniel and I did a fair number of Christmasy things in the craziness of the last two weeks of the semester. One night, we drove a couple of blocks into Point Loma and strolled Garrison St., a spectacular display complemented by the city lights skirting the edges of the view.







Less beautiful but just as arresting was eyelashes baby Jesus.



During finals week, we studied in the best Starbucks downtown (it has an unparalleled loft that looks out over the Gaslamp Quarter). Its only detraction was the neglect of the subjunctive clause in one of the promotional holiday signs, a problem that can be chalked up to corporate, obviously.



We went ice skating in Horton Plaza as well. I have no shame in saying that I'm a natural. It was a little crowded (though not nearly to the extent that it was a couple of weeks prior, when Angelica and I went to the PLNU Ugly Sweater Ice Skating event and the place was flooded with our hipster peers), but at night under the city lights, it was totally worth it.

No comments: