Monday, December 1, 2008

Still thankful.



After Thanksgiving dinner, we decided to go somewhere. I was driving for the first time since August, so as soon as someone suggested Palm Springs, I jumped at the chance to fly down the 10.



We arrived downtown just as the sun finished setting.



All pictures are courtesy of Rachel. I'd never think to frame the world in sunglass frames.

Strolling down the street, we decided to lavish affection on Sonny Bono.











We walked and window-shopped. The desert is a bit of a Thanksgiving tradition for us; we've often spent the day soaking in the pools in Desert Hot Springs. But this year, I think we were content with each other's company.



Dad wore Rachel's hat, which made him look a little bit foreign, walking through downtown Palm Springs, which amused us all to no end.

We went back home for Grandma's pie, popcorn, and Waking Ned Devine. Irish movies definitely pleasers in this crowd.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Haha, that's a great movie...

emily b said...

K Barr!
I like the Bob Marley photo. Oh and by the way I miss you dearly.

Kaitlin said...

That was Rachel for sure. I miss you too! Yet another reason to make me wish Christmas break were here right now . . .