Saturday, January 24, 2009

Higher education.



Angelica wanted to attend another preview day on campus (luck favors the prepared, after all), so everyone sans Mom came down for the day and we all went out to dinner that night. Angelica called me that afternoon, saying, "I have some great news!" I quickly caught her enthusiasm. She went to her transfer interview and found out that all except one of her community college classes will be accepted, meaning she will enter with at least 50 credits, which is about what I have right now as a second-semester sophomore. If she takes a few summer classes, she could easily be graduating with me.

I am really excited for her. Not only has she earned essentially the equivalent of an associate's while getting her diploma, but her high school subsidized all of it. She'll halve her undergrad debt, and be able to go to grad school two years earlier. She could conceivably have a doctorate by 24.

1 comment:

nicole. said...

katiebaby, it is no wonder that you are related to a bunch of geniuses...

if only some of the barr family's amazingness could rub off on me!

miss you.