Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Polaroid blitz.



I've been rifling through our collection of family photos all summer, and the other day I decided that I should compile all of the Polaroids floating around in our picture bin and display them. But in researching ways to display Polaroids, I discovered that they don't do well when exposed to light and air. I hung them in a darker part of our hallway, but in case they don't survive prolonged exposure, I took pictures of them (not sure what happened to our scanner...). And in case something happens to my digital copies, they are now uploaded and preserved here.



Rachel, Shannon, and Angelica exploring our tool shed back in Cleveland.



Mom asleep with the puppy Happy that we had for about three months in the summer of 1997.



The four of us in our backyard with some sort of odd creation that we were evidently proud of.



Look at that smile. Someone's happy.



I don't know what the occasion for this picture is, but you've got to love the fake tree and improvised couch slipcover.



Oh Rachel. Crazy kid.



All of us at the Washington Elementary School Father-Daughter Dance. That was the only year that we all attended the same school, if you don't count Dehesa. Polaroids make me wistful and nostalgic and wish that they had more detail.

No comments: