Thursday, May 27, 2010

More fun with finals week.



So about three months prior, Daniel tells me that he's going to a Ben Folds concert in May. "It's during finals week, and the tickets are $35, but I feel like I've earned it," he told me. I asked him if I could go with him. "Well yeah, but I wasn't sure if you'd be interested," he said. Not interested in going with Daniel to his second concert ever and seeing a guy he's listened to for probably a decade? Come on. I'd go even if I didn't like Ben Folds. So we went.



Confession: It was my first "secular" concert, so I was right there in inexperience. And it was actually even better than I expected it to be. We were one or two bodies away from the stage, and a solo Ben Folds is just a genuinely good performance. Daniel's been playing piano for like 15 years, so he could vouch for the skill. I knew when he played second one of my favorites, "Annie Waits," that I was going to enjoy myself. And when he stood up and asked the audience how he looked because he just started wearing jeans this year, I couldn't stop laughing (see Christmas break post on what I gave Daniel). The whole standing for five hours straight thing was totally worth it.

No comments: