Saturday, December 8, 2007

It's been a good few days. Why this vague feeling of apprehension?

So my Thursday was basically classes from 7:30 until 1:30, work until 5, a break for dinner, a study group from 6:30 until 8:30, and then sitting in my hallmates' room until 10:45 when open dorm ended and I could finally take a shower. Not the best day ever. Friday was more of the same until 4:30, when my entire hall went out for dinner to mark three birthdays and two going-aways. We went to Pizza Nova, where the twenty of us were served surprisingly promptly and attentively. I split a margherita pizza and devoured the garlic balls.



I went to bed at nine and slept almost until eight. Apparently it had been a long week. I went for a run, then came back, showered, and went to brunch. Determined not to do anything significantly productive for once, I surfed the Internet until I couldn't anymore, then bantered with my roommate for a while, and finally succumbed to the World Civ texts that were calling to me from my backpack, where they had been lying since that study group. I started compiling appropriate excerpts that should help my groupmates and me when we get together on Monday. Three thousand years of human endeavor is a lot to be responsible for, especially when you have to write six coherent essays about it in two hours on Thursday.

I joined in on a surprise party this evening for one of those birthday girls. We ate chocolate-covered strawberries and played charades. It was a good time. Later, I made some couscous with black beans and steamed veggies for a light dinner, and now I'll be going to bed. Not knowing whether or not my professor's manuscript has been accepted is killing me. Oh. That's why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look so cute. Miss you.