Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Warm, inside and out.

Last night was the first night this year that the heater worked in my dorm room. I can't express the intense pleasure I had when, upon waking, I stuck my arm out from under the covers and, instead of the usual icy impersonal draft, I felt the dry toasted air of the heating vent. I luxuriated in the cabiny warmth for a full fifteen extra minutes.

I carried the warm feelings with me as I walked to Spanish class. Before we began class, my prof asked me to step outside. Any trepidation I might have harbored was immediately dispelled: she told me that, because I had received As on all the tests and hadn't missed a day of class, I could completely skip the final. Yes!

In World Civ, we got back our test scores from the first part of the final that we took last Friday. Mine was 18.5 out of 20, which was as good or better than everyone I had studied with, all fairly good students in their own right.

And tonight is the last time I will have to work until midnight and then get up for a 7:30 am class. I have to get up for the 8 am final next week, but that half-hour makes all the difference in the world.

No comments: