Saturday, June 21, 2008

A room with a view. Also, our room with my view.



Here's camp as viewed from the top bunk in the left bedroom in the Maple Lodge. I didn't object when the twins sprang for the bottom beds; I'm totally learning how to pick my fights, I swear. Besides, I like lying at night cradled in my wooden crib, swaddled in my blanket cocoon. Our bunks here are way more secure than Point Loma's, which are basically two regular beds stacked on top of each other. You'd think that would be a safety hazard or something.



So we're definitely four girls crammed into one room, but we haven't had any major eruptions yet (maybe the pressure is just slowly building and the volcano will explode later this summer? I'll keep you posted . . .). We've been sharing the laundry load and trying to give each other space. We're also pretty tired, the twins with first-week fatigue, Angelica with homework looming over her, and me with that familiar creeping university-life sense of not quite enough sleep. But we had a really successful week, with things running smoothly in the kitchen and the staffers getting to know each other, and we have a longer weekend, since the next camp doesn't begin until Monday lunch. If I were only capable of sleeping in . . .

2 comments:

Daniel Nadal said...

Still finding time for pleasure reading, I notice. How's Melville treating you?

Kaitlin said...

Sharp eye. I picked it up out of a sense of obligation; what sort of lit major would I be if I never read it? I thought I'd be completely bored, but it's actually engrossing and surprisingly accessible.