Friday, July 10, 2009

Give me an inch, we'll take a yard.



The first week that I was home from my trip, I instituted a compost pile. I was super impressed with the little compost bin that Steph's family kept in the kitchen, and I figured there couldn't be a better way to try and improve our backyard soil.





The finches that used to live in the aviary that my dad had built had been gone for years, so I tilted the thing on its side and started filling it with the weeds that surrounded the area.



I collected all the stones that I found in the dirt and arranged them in a spiral, for no reason, except just to do it. Our yard is just a blank of soil right now, but with the trees that Mom and I picked up this week, and with a few weeks of reappropriated kitchen refuse, we could have something nifty by the end of summer.

No comments: