Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Loff, loff, loff.



Daniel made an impromptu trip down Thursday for a dinner picnic in Balboa Park.



I was very, very happy about this.



Daniel brought sandwiches from Con Pane and dark chocolate with toffee.



That's the Cabrillo Bridge in the background. We're going to find all the bridges in San Diego, I just know it.







We frolicked in the gardens while the sun set. Really. We frolic when nobody's looking.











Balboa is like the San Diego Central Park. You'd never know we were in the middle of a city. Until you noticed the freeway drone just beyond the redwoods.



I'm telling you, we're going to find all the bridges. We stumbled upon this one in the canyon behind Cafe Bassam. That's what happens when you get coffee only at night—you miss the Maple Canyon bridge.



Daniel then took me up to the top of the Hotel St. James, which is a PLNU thing I hadn't done in my three years, making it high time.



And the views of downtown were spectacular.





It was a spontaneous and beautiful evening, filled with things I loff:)

No comments: