Monday, September 24, 2007

My family brought me lots of nice things when they came to visit me.

Capris, shoes, mechanical pencils, a contraband rice cooker that makes superb oatmeal- so, so wonderful.

Unfortunately, they also brought me a cold. Well, not all of them; I think Rachel bears the responsibility for this one. It started with the slightest catch in my throat last night as I went to bed. I got up to get a drink of water, hoping I was just thirsty. But when I woke up this morning, the catch was still there. Throughout the morning it progressed to a tickle, and into the afternoon, a scratch. By the end of my library shift I knew I was unequivocably afflicted.

After I got off at four, I dashed off to the Wellness Center, which closes at four, before the Point Weekly meeting, which starts at four. It's a good thing time is so flexible. I'd discovered earlier in the day that the Wellness Center gives out free medication. Overjoyed, I stuffed the decongestants and lozenges the obliging nurse gave me into my purse.

I'm still operating at maybe 85-90%. My nose is not yet stuffed, nor have I the cold's achy malaise. I know it's coming; it's inevitable. I have to give the Scotland speech tomorrow in Communication, but maybe it won't have hit me full blast by then. Whenever it comes, at least I'll have the Wellness Center's bounty to augment my suffering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drink hot tea.....and get your rest. Call off of work; just don't let it get out of control.

Love you lots,

Mom

Anonymous said...

PS

Heard an excellent message Sunday. Josh spoke......