Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Last Friday, after the campers had left and we had finished general cleanup, the staff headed down the hill for some shopping and cosmic bowling, which is totally my kind of Friday night. (Not really, but I had fun anyway.)



The twins had taken the day off to go to Oceanside with my parents and the Chinese students they've been hosting this month, so we all reunited at the bowling alley. Front and center are my parents' host daughters, who presented Angelica and me with gifts from their home.



Angelica had a hard time in the beginning, trying to get the hang of it. She bowled a 13 the first round we played. But after a few pointers from a teammate, she was suddenly doing a lot better. As she walked back from her first strike, Lisa asked, "What happened?"

"I figured it out," Angelica replied. She ended up winning the second game with 104.

I, by contrast, started out well and steadily deteriorated throughout the night, until I finally threw a ball across two lanes into that door visible on the far left of the picture. On my last turn, (and what effectively became my team's last) I hit the racking thingy. I could have sworn it had already swept through. I've decided that I can't be both a morning person and a night person; something is going to suffer.



Our group remained at the alley until well after midnight, dancing and shouting and bowling like crazy. I took pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

13? YIKES!!!