Wednesday, October 29, 2008

27 October 2008.



The art kick I've been on actually started earlier in the week, when I saw this exhibit at the gallery on campus and thought that it would make for an excellent profile in the paper. It did.

The artist is from New York and the curator is a senior here. This was the first time we've had a student curate a show for a senior project, which made a nice news angle.

These were some of my favorite pieces.



He specializes in conceptual, found-object art. Inside that tiny window, it's raining. Like, real moisture.



I don't know if the arrow is discernible, but it says, "The Last Painting."





I interviewed the artist over the phone. He explained that this piece began simply as "Yo," then became "Yo love," and eventually grew into what it is now.

No comments: