Friday, October 24, 2008

I had "Free Fallin" by Tom Petty stuck in my head all weekend; for one thing, we were right off Ventura Boulevard . . .



For Fall Break, some friends and I went home with our friend Nicole to LA, and she showed us her town. We meandered through the Getty, where I got to revisit Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh, Caspar David Friedrich, Bernini . . .



We also did some shopping at consignment stores and met some of Nicole's friends. We stayed in her dad's apartment since he was in Mexico, super happy to have two bedrooms and two bathrooms between us.



One night we went out dancing, which gave Nicole the chance to dress me up and do my makeup. I usually have barely enough time to brush my teeth in the morning, so it was fun to look like I care about what I look like. I even had enough time to finish Cotton Mather's commentary on the prologue to the book of Acts. Up next: the book of John.

No comments: