Monday, October 13, 2008

I love it when the weekend seems to last almost as long as the previous five days altogether.



Saturday I went with some friends to a pumpkin patch just outside of Escondido. From left: Liz W., Steph, Nina, me, and Liz J.



It was a legitimately fall day, probably the first one we've had this year.



Sunday morning, I joined Ashley, her twin sister Jenny who was out from Boston for the weekend, their brother John, and some more friends from school to hike through Torrey Pines.



We took a trail that led from the coastal scrub down to the shore.





Frankly, it was just another amazingly beautiful day. I wasn't the only one going, "Hey guys, can you believe we live here?"



This is the photo I took just before I dropped my phone. The phone is acting very sketchily right now, so if I don't answer in the next few days, it's going to be because the blow proved to be fatal. Which would be a major hassle, what with my being a journalist who needs to spend an unfortunate amount of time talking and all.



Jenny and Ashley lived on my hall freshman year. Jenny transferred at the semester to a smaller Christian school in Boston, but she comes out as much as she can to visit her family.



And here's another blue-eyed girl to match the one who posed with me at the aquarium recently.

No comments: