Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fun with finals week part III.



We'd been planning to rent a kayak from the rec room for ages, and during Wednesday of finals week we finally got a chance to. We launched from La Jolla Shores and tooled around toward the cove before resting in the kelp beds for a while. Sea water lapping through kelp leaves isn't a sound you hear very often. It was fantastic.



The kayak was $15 for one day (uber cheap), but we didn't have to return it until the next day at 6 pm, so after my Thursday final, we drove the five-minute trip to Shelter Island and set off into the bay.



I was proud of our kayak-launching skills. We didn't even flip.



I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone kayaking, but I adore it. It's physical activity that doesn't hurt (at least if you paddle as slowly as I do).



It helped that it was a gorgeous day. We headed along this shoreline to the end of the harbor, by the little-known Kellogg Beach that runs parallel to Rosecrans, waving to our history professor's boat, Boethius, and the little kids we passed.



Two days of non-academic activity. Success!

1 comment:

ray-chill said...

Cute bathing suit:)