Saturday, June 12, 2010

The quotation that I was going to put here was too long, so look for it at the end.



Daniel and I have a little summer routine going. Friday nights, we make dinner with friends. Saturday mornings, we go to distribution at church. And Saturday afternoons, we don't take our environs for granted. This was a particularly beautiful day.



Well, the afternoon gloom at Mission Beach was beautiful in its own way.



And the evening sunset on campus was glorious. This view from the road going down to Young always looks to me like the background of a Renaissance painter, da Vinci maybe, especially in this light.



The best thing about June gloom is that it often gives way to sunsets filled with broken clouds.



And here is us watching the sunset. Why do I love this picture so much? Because of the resemblance to the one below.



This has been a running joke with my sisters and me for a while. Daniel and I were watching the top ten SNL clips of the year in between packing up my things after finals, and my roommate, peeking over our shoulders, said, "Daniel, I hope this doesn't sound weird, but you kind of look like Bill Hader." Hehe.



"[B]ecause we cannot but orient ourselves to the good, and thus demonstrate our place relative to it and hence determine the direction of our lives, we must inescapably understand our lives in narrative form[.]" — Charles Taylor, Sources of the Self
<3

2 comments:

ray-chill said...

Nice post...you should post about my grad because I never got to see any photos from it :(

Kaitlin said...

Never fear, your grad post is coming, I'm just backlogged chronologically...