Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fun with finals week part IV.



In the spirit of doing things that we did the year prior, Daniel and I went to Con Pane for chocolate bread and coffee and then drove out to the cemetery. This year's outing was preceded by distribution at our church and succeeded by a graduation party for a friend, but the middle had pictures, just like last year.





I like to think of this one as an ironic senior high school picture. I hope that's not offensive. I contemplate my own mortality a lot.



Ooh, model face. Too bad my finger marred it.



Strange and beautiful flower. I'm always surprised when I come across a plant or animal that I haven't seen before. I don't know why, at 21 years old, I should feel like I've encountered every living organism on the planet. Angelica was just telling me about these Vietnamese leaf turtles she was working with at the zoo—the females have a special band on their eyes, so the males go around putting their eyes up to the females,' looking for a good time. Who would have thought such things existed?



Oh dear, this is self-indulgent. Good thing no one reads this blog. I just think this is one of the better pictures taken of me, ever. Thanks, Daniel:)



I can't believe I'm living here all summer. I'll never inhabit a more beautiful place.

No comments: