Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Higher plane.



I really, really love flying. Whenever I'm in a plane I feel like I have to soak up all the stimuli, take advantage of the rare opportunity to see the world spread out before me in such a strange and containable way. How few people who have existed ever saw the earth from a height greater than maybe ten or twenty feet. What did I do to deserve such a splendid and unfamiliar sight?



In the wedge of the wing is framed our mountain range. I enjoyed scanning the coastline that I had driven along a month ago, recreating my trip in fast-forward. The plane was filled with empty seats, so I stole across the aisle multiple times to catch the best views. My fellow passengers probably thought I was crazy, but I almost felt obliged to absorb it all.



We landed in full view of Point Loma. I'm constantly amazed at how San Diego always smells like scented flowers and happiness.

No comments: