Tuesday, September 23, 2008

22 September 2008.



There were so much potential for wordplay in this story: pie and Pi Sigma Alpha, apple pie being American and also being served at a discussion of the Constitution, etc. This headline was the best I had come up with by 1 a.m, and I still feel like I didn't take full advantage of the opportunity.



I liked this headline better, though I don't know how I feel about the review as a whole. I have a hard time evaluating this sort of thing objectively, because it always involves a compromise of tone. I have to moderate my comments to fit a broader audience, and so I'm never completely enthusiastic about the result. This time I still managed to include what I was really thinking, though, and I'm glad I did. Writing forces you to take a position and then substantiate it. I love it.

No comments: