Thursday, September 11, 2008

The last thing I expected to find in my mailbox.



So I checked my mail like usual, and found an envelope addressed to "Katie Barr." Inside was a little slip of paper that said, "We think you lost this and thought you should have it back."



"It" just happened to be a love letter from one "Ryan" to one "Katie." There are a bazillion Katies on this campus, and I'm not one of them. But somebody went to a lot of trouble to photocopy this letter and type up that little message. I'm sure whoever did it will reveal themselves—I can't imagine not taking credit for something like this. I have transcribed the letter below; I for one enjoyed it immensely.
Dear Katie,

Hey there baby! I hope that you are having tons of fun on your choir tour. I really miss you. Today is Sunday. So yesterday I really did miss you terribly! My heart ached. I was a wreck Friday but I put it behind me. But when I was actually able to sit down and recenter myself, the first thing that popped into my head was an image of your face. I so wish that you could be here right now! I so want you here, but God is also telling me that we need this little break. With the way I'm feeling, and the way your [sic] feeling it hasn't felt like we were so much in love as the first kiss. I admit that I haven't tried as hard as I could have. I let us get into a rut and stay there. When in reality, when I wake up, I look at you all over my room. And I can't believe you love me, and I love you more and more every morning! I can't wait to physically wake up next to the most beautiful, smart, God loving, sensitive, understanding, and did I mention beautiful? I can't wait to proclaim my love for you. You are my love, you are my one, you are my everything.

I LOVE YOU KATIE!

You are all my heart desires*

I love you!
—Ryan

*Except Jesus :)

4 comments:

nicole. said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

katiebaby i want to find out which katie this is... and i have a lead.

--nicole

Kaitlin said...

...Or a confession?

Daniel Nadal said...

Somehow, I find the handwriting, itself ... strange. It just strikes me odd.

Anonymous said...

I remember that day! That was crazy!!!