Tuesday, September 2, 2008

To think that I distinctly remember hoping for the day that the twins would be old enough to tell me their favorite colors.



Two of my sisters came down and spent the night this weekend. Shannon was working at camp, but Rachel had a tournament in the area, and so afterward, she and Angelica slept over in my dorm. We got coffee in downtown Point Loma that night, and went surfing off the cliffs in the morning.

We had such a good time together. It's funny how many times I wished I was an only child when we were all younger, and The Three, as I privately referred to them, were figuring out how to pick the lock to my bedroom door or trying to join in when my classmates came over after school. When you're nine, and they're seven, five, and five, all you see are little nuisances, especially if you're in your own little world like I usually was. But ten years later, and you're suddenly peers.

I think I'm beginning to see what a rare and wonderful thing it is to have such close and permanent friends. If I never make another friend in my life, I will have had more than my fair share.

No comments: