Saturday, January 1, 2011

Late-October likenesses (socially sanctioned dress-up).


I've wanted to dress up as Jan Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring pretty much since I read the book/watched the movie back in high school. It's hard to find socially sanctioned occasions to dress up like four-hundred-year-old paintings, but for this year's Samedi Gras on campus, I finally got the chance. I put on my pearls, pulled down the curtain from my bedroom, and found a scarf-wrapping tutorial online. We spent about five minutes at Samedi Gras (nothing will ever top sophomore year, apparently), but I got some nods of recognition while we were there.


Angelica also got in the painting spirit, getting gussied up as Frida Kahlo. She was bashful about the eyebrow, but I thought the effect was uncanny.

No comments: