Monday, May 12, 2008

A very happy Mothers' Day.



My sisters came up with a sweet idea for Mothers' Day—savory herbs planted in painted pots. We packed up and headed to Oceanside to celebrate the day.



The clouds had broken by the time we reached the coast, but the crowds had apparently been discouraged anyway. We enjoyed the sun and took turns attempting to surf without having to worry about dropping in and cutting off people who actually knew what they were doing.



Proof that Dad was there, too. We stopped for Chinese on the way home, then picked up some ice cream and rented the second season of "The Office." Dad popped kettle corn from scratch (one of the most delightful foods to ever come out of our kitchen, I think) and we stayed up past midnight in intermittent periods of uncontrollable laughter. We don't usually (or ever, actually) watch tv, so we're usually behind the curve on current shows. But it only took a couple of episodes of "The Office" this year before I knew I had to bring it home.

It was after this clip, in fact, that I realized I had no choice; I was going to have to give in and love this show wholeheartedly.

2 comments:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

"Ryan used me as an object".

Brilliant.

Kaitlin said...

I know, right? So much in such a little scene.