Friday, August 22, 2008

It just keeps getting better.



So one year ago I was one of them. Nervously watching the soccer team descend upon our car and unload my belongings, longingly watching the confident banter of the LEAD-Week-shirt-clad students, timidly choosing a side of the dorm room since my roommate was nowhere to be found, anxiously filing into Brown Chapel to take the math placement exam, frantically trying to find my parents on the gym lawn at dinner and, unsuccessfully, succumbing to the poor cell phone reception and dining with strangers.



This year I was wearing one of those shirts. I snapped pictures of the move-in crews, sympathized with new Nease residents, handed out clipboards for the math exam, and lingered at dinner with a friend. I love growing up so, so much.

2 comments:

Daniel Nadal said...

Ahh, the days of move in.

The blur of the picture almost seems to match the blur of that time period: slight but definite.

Kaitlin said...

I really liked the second one. If the Nease RD had been a little more visible, I would have used it for my article.