Sunday, August 3, 2008



My parents came up Wednesday night to celebrate our mom's birthday. We went to Cafe Aroma for coffee, presents, and conversation.



Mom and Dad spent the night camping near Lake Hemet, and though they had only planned on joining us for breakfast, they ended up staying through lunch. Dad accompanied the twins out to the trail they've been working on this week, and Mom jumped into the kitchen with Angelica and me. I think this summer has been really good for everyone; being apart has allowed us to appreciate each other a lot more, and I'm glad we'll have a few days together before I go off to school again. The day after they left, I was browsing the walk-in for something to eat, and came across the remnants of the tuna from the campers' lunch. It tasted like my mom had made it, and in fact she had.

1 comment:

sarah said...

it kind of sounds like you found some campers leftovers and dug right in...although it's a sweet sentiment!