Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mmm, not gonna lie. I really enjoyed these.

First, a news broadcast from the Onion:

Rules Grammar Change

Second, a NY Times column by David Brooks that begins like this:

All my life I’ve been a successful pseudo-intellectual, sprinkling quotations from Kafka, Epictetus and Derrida into my conversations, impressing dates and making my friends feel mentally inferior. But over the last few years, it’s stopped working. People just look at me blankly. My artificially inflated self-esteem is on the wane. What happened?

Existential in Exeter

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Hilarious.

Grant said...

haha, yes both were quite entertaining. Although, Grammar rules are not my forte but David Brooks was spot on.

Kaitlin said...

There was an excellent response to Brooks' column on Monday, too, by a guy who was in an iPhone commercial, appropriately enough.