Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's been like, a year and a half. You know, ages ago.

I don’t know if it’s been long enough to reminisce about this, but I hope it has, because I want to be able to view it with amused detachment, the kind that we can assume about our younger selves. This article suggested that one of the best ways to evaluate a search engine is by using one’s name as a search term, and when I did, I found this video clip of me. Back when I was writing for the Press-Enterprise Sunday Opinion feature, “Young and Sharp,” my section editor asked me to come in and tape a short summary of the piece I had written that week. It was a perfunctory position, and not one of my best, I don’t think, but that’s the way it goes sometimes. Regardless, I felt pretty special doing it, driving all the way to that shiny, echoey newspaper building in downtown Riverside and making small talk with the reporters. Oh, precious, precocious me.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Loved the stop-action intro: newspaper opened wide, notebook pulled out, space gazed off into...